Managing multiple listings on Airbnb can be a considerable task for property owners and managers. The inherent challenges of dealing with many properties and numerous guests can be overwhelming at times. In this post, we will talk about a few smart ideas that will come handy for better Airbnb management.
- Focus on property maintenance. If you want more guests and a better occupancy rate, you have to ensure the upkeep and maintenance of your listed properties. Airbnb has a transparent system of reviews, and even a few bad ones can impact your listing considerably.
- Use vacation rental software. When it comes to Airbnb management, you should consider investing in vacation rental software. These are designed to consolidate different listings, and you will have a sorted inbox to handle guest communication. Of course, do check the price after considering the features.
- Know your goals. Do you want your listings to be exclusive and highly priced? Or are you more interested in increasing occupancy? If you know the goals of every individual listing, you can plan your promotional and pricing strategies accordingly.
- Find a pricing policy that works. Many property owners don’t mind offering a discount for weekly and monthly bookings. This is a smart way of handling listings, especially if you don’t want to bother about daily management tasks. You may make less money, but the hassles are lesser too. And in fact, you will still have considearable Airbnb income.
- Charge extra for extra service. If you want to make a profit, you can compensate a part of your expenses through appropriate charges, such as the cleaning fee, additional guest charges, and security deposits.
- Be communicative. Guests love hosts who are communicative and helpful,. You need to improve your response rate and time, and if possible, try to mingle with your guests once they have reached your property. A few suggestions about the local area and attractions can help in breaking the ice.
- Ask for reviews. Yes, bad reviews can impact your listings, but it’s important to encourage your guests for feedback. Reviews are helpful in promoting your properties, and you can also find some genuine information on how the services can be improved.
- Offer additional amenities. If your property is located on the outskirts, you might try collaborating with the local services to offer more amenities, such as bike rentals and in-room services like spa treatments. Talk to your guests in advance about the additional assistance they may require during their stay.
- Give the cleaning tasks to a professional company. As a property manager, you cannot visit and oversee the upkeep work on a regular basis for each listing. Find a local service that can manage these tasks in your absence.
- Take help if needed. Property owners should consider hiring managers who specialize in Airbnb management. This might mean additional expenses, but you will have more guests and better promotions.
It’s important to update and improve listings of your Airbnb business from time to time, especially if you are expecting repeat guests. For long-term bookings, do take feedback from your customers every week.